Chahal lauds Kohli for motivating him as a captain!

Chahal scalped 7 wickets in the 4 ODIs and the lone T20I India played against Sri Lanka. Except for his happiness over India's great tour whitewash, he also praised Virat Kohli's leadership on and off the field.

Yes, off the field as well, because it gives you a morale boost when your captain backs you up through all ups and downs.

"Virat Kohli always remains positive on the ground, always confident about his decisions. He will always motivate you even if you are giving runs or if you are not doing well", said Yuzvendra Chahal.

Chahal always became a part of a pretty unique record - the first time when India fielded two wrist spinners in 922 games!

Talking about his comeback, Yuzvendra said, "Sri Lanka tour is very important for me as I came back after one year in the ODI Team and we won 5-0. I cannot express my feeling now how happy I am to be a part of this team."

Chahal was selected in the team after he performed well on similar dry wickets in South Africa for the India 'A' Team.

"Sri Lankan pitches are very slow. Before I came here, I bowled on similar kind of wickets in South Africa and I performed well over there. So, I was confident about myself and obviously, it was a great feeling if you take wickets for your team and help the team to win wearing the India jersey. It is a great feeling, you cannot express it in words", said Chahal.

Chahal is also expected to be selected for the ODI and T20I squad when Australia will tour India very soon.

Cheers,
Sparsh

Comments

Post a Comment